Briefly about us
Croatian Association of Petroleum Engineers and Geologists was founded in 1997 and is a legal successor of the Society of Engineers and Technicians INA –Naftaplin which was founded back in 1965.
Croatian Association of Petroleum Engineers and Geologists is a vocational, non-government, non-partisan and non-profit making voluntary organisation whose membership consists of geological and petroleum engineers, geological and petroleum technicians who distinguished themselves in their work and other experts who work or have worked in oil, gas and geothermal water exploration and production and environmental protection, i.e. in oil and gas industry and senior students studying technical and natural sciences.
Main activities of HUNIG are the transfer of state-of-the-art technological achievements in oil and gas industry and their practical applications.
Croatian Association of Petroleum Engineers and Geologists carries out numerous activities, such as:
- organising round tables and lectures on topics relevant to oil and gas industry;
- publishing a scientific-professional journal “OIL & GAS“, proceedings and other professional publications and books dealing with oil and gas industry;
- organising an international oil and gas conference and exhibition;
- professional cooperation with the bodies of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, in particular the Scientific Council for Crude Oil and Gas, “Hrvoje Požar“ Energy Institute, “Ruđer Bošković“ Institute, Croatian Geological Survey, Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering , Croatian Gas Association, Ministry of Economy, Croatian Hydrocarbon Agency and many other economic and scientific-educational entities both in Croatia and internationally.
- The importance and the indisputable role of energy sector in the overall economic development of Croatia represent a particular challenge for HUNIG, along with the transfer of state-of-the-art technological achievements in oil and gas industry and their practical applications.